Retail Mapping was originally developed for Lafarge Indonesia to fill the need of a tool for sales and marketing departments that goes beyond just a sales force automation tool. Retail mapping is a solution that combines sales force automation and competitive intelligence concepts. Retail mapping makes the following points easy to do:
- Registering new shops in the fiedls;
- Registering sales and feedback from shops;
- Ensure the validity of data;
- Online and offline mode;
- Analyzing data. Retail mapping provides 2 (two) ways of analyzing data: GIS, and Reports & charts.
The components within Retail Mapping solution:
- Mobile App. This is an Android based software running on the Android phone carried by a sales agent to register shops and entry sales and feedback from shops.
- Portal. A web based application that enables user to get analysis of data easily by using reports or GIS component.
- Back End. A web based application mainly used to do configuration of the system.
- Web Service. A separate web service layer is available to support integration with Android mobile device and customer’s legacy system. By empowering web service technology, retail mapping solution is flexible and extend-able to be integrated with other mobile device platforms.
The most important activities in the container is at the gate process. Where gates must function properly for export and import activities, should be optimized to prevent operator error or inaccurate recording of detailed information at the gate. That requires autogate system that manages transactions at the gate.
Autogate system is an integrated system includes:
- TID Card Manager;
- E-Ticket Manager;
- Checkpoint Manager;
- TOS Communication Server;
- Customs Module.
- Programmable I/O Controller / Machine to Machine (M2M);
- Internet of Things (IOT);
- Signal Processing.
Autogate system business process begins with issuance of truck identity (TID) card to every truck owner at the administrative building. TID card is used to identify any incoming and outgoing truck.
Shipping agents can settle the payment in two ways, namely: direct payment or via e-Billing system. Direct payment method is done by the shipping agent at the billing office. E-Ticket dontains information of the container that is going to be picked up or dropped. Shipping agent needs to pass the e-Tickets to truck driver who is going to pick up/drop the container. Truck driver will use this e-Ticket to notify Autogate System about the container in concerned. The second method of payment settlement is using e-Billing.
On entry gate process, truck driver intifies himself to Autogate System when approaching the entry gate. How the driver identifies himself and inform Autogate System about the container he is going to pick up/drop is depending on the payment method used by the shipping agent when settling the bill.
When the slot at the container yard is not ready yet, the driver is notified to park his truck at the post gate parking area and wait there for further instruction. At the post gate parking building, truck driver can monitor status of his truck through minitors hanging in the post gate waiting room. As soon as his truck is ready to be released, Autogate System will update the status of the truck with ‘Proceed’. Upon getting this new status, truck driver can proceed to scan his TID card to get the CMS.
At the exit gate, the truck driver must scan his TID card to notify Autogate System that he is leaving terminal container area.
Smart Umrah is a smart system that utilizes geofencing features used for handling SOS and monitoring umrah pilgrims. The main objectives of Smart Umrah is:
- Handling SOS for pilgrims who experience emergency conditions both lost and sick, can quickly and efficiently report the situation to the officer. The officer who receives the report can easily find out the last location of the pilgrims and can communicate with the person concerned;
- Geofencing. Officers can make boundaries of safe areas and dangerous areas. This feature makes it easy for officers to monitor pilgrims to remain in a safe area.
The Key Success Factor
Among the key success factors for a Smart Umrah solution are:
- Easy to wear and robust. People tend to forget about the device if it is just a normal tag, however, having a device like a “watch” is rarely forgotten because the watch is seen to be an everyday wear. It’s also important to have a device with a long battery life. However, just like any smartphone, the pilgrims have that option to carry along a Powerbank to charge the device just in case it requires that extra juice.;
- Emergency. There will be likely a 90% chance that the pilgrim will get sick during umrah period. The heat can cause dehydration and people can get fainted and send to the hospital. There must a better method for a 2-way communication between the pilgrims and the Umrah Authorities.
- End-to-End Umrah Management System. People spend the lifetime savings for that single holy journey.Managing lots of people is not an easy task. Pilgrims are divided into smaller groups and traveled togetherunder their assigned officer. Thus, it’s the responsibility of the officers and their agencies to take care of their pilgrims. However, they need to have the right tool or system to monitor them.
BLE Beacons For People & Asset Tracking
As Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacon technologies evolve, we are seeing new and innovative ways to leverage their capability to track people and assets in the workplace. Advantages:
- Track users and assets with greater accuracy;
- Maximize coverage and efficiency of deployment, whilst minimizing hardware cost;
- Increase the number of BLE receivers over time as you find spots where mobile users are not active.
- Cost of setup and deployment
Halotec Exhibition Visitor Monitoring System
The output of this Monitoring System is
- The number of vistors can be counted for each and every exhibition booth;
- The number of visitors and how long they stay at the exhibition area;
- Data analysis can be performed on the data gathered to produce a specific result.